BELMONT, N.C. – The Belmont Abbey baseball team rallied in the seventh to capture their second consecutive win as they defeated Coker 5-3. The Crusaders battled back twice to overcome deficits as they trailed in the sixth and seventh innings. The Abbey improves to 3-8 on the year as Coker moves to 6-6.
- Adam Overcash and Ben Sneider both went 2-for-4 in the game.
- Sean Johnson scored in the first on a wild pitch to give The Abbey the lead.
- After Coker scored two in the sixth, Ben Gobbel struck and RBI single in the bottom of the sixth to tie the game.
- A Cobra run in the seventh put Coker back on top but the Crusaders responded with RBI singles from Overcash and Mason Dodd.
- Joe Cooney started for The Abbey tossing 4.2 innings allowing one hit, no runs on four walks and three strikeouts.
- Will Carney picked up the win in his 1.1 innings of relief.
- Austin Hunter recorded his second save striking out three in two innings of work.
The Crusaders will travel to Hickory to take on Lenoir-Rhyne tomorrow at 3 PM.