BELMONT, N.C. - Camrynn Aiello scored three goals and handed out an assist, leading the Belmont Abbey Field Hockey team to a 6-0 victory over Converse this afternoon. With the win, The Abbey improves to 5-4 on the year, with a 4-1 conference record. It was the team's fourth shutout this season. Converse is now 0-8 overall, and 0-6 in conference play.
How it Happened
- Aiello scored the game's first goal 8:51 into the contest, off a pass from Madison Mitchell
- In the last two minutes of the quarter, Samantha Moore made it a 2-0 Abbey lead
- Aiello only needed three minutes into the second to find the back of the net off a rebound, for a 3-0 Crusader lead at halftime
- She scored her third goal of the day, and fifth of the season, in the third off a pass from Kelsey Garrison
- Mitchell scored twice in the fourth to cap the 6-0 win
- Paige Hinds made five saves in goal
- As a unit, Belmont Abbey outshot Converse 35-5
- The Crusaders also took nine penalty corners, to the Valkyries' two
Belmont Abbey will visit Newberry College on Saturday, October 5 for a 12 p.m. contest.