BELMONT, N.C. -- Paige Hinds made five saves, but they were not enough as Limestone captured a 3-0 South Atlantic Conference Carolinas Field Hockey matchup over Belmont Abbey Thursday afternoon at Alumni Field.
The Crusaders (6-5, 5-2) fall into a tie for second with Limestone (8-3, 5-2) and Newberry in the league standings.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first period, the Saints struck in each of the next three.
- Limestone outshot The Abbey 12-6 overall and 9-0 in the second half, plus held a 9-8 advantage in penalty corners.
- Maddie Mitchell had three of the Crusaders' shots (including the only one on goal), while Sandra Gannon had a pair. Kayley Williams also registered a shot.
- The Crusaders now head out on the road for four straight games.
- The trip begins with a Thursday-Saturday (October 17-19) trip to Louisville to face Bellarmine and Lindenwood.