HARTWELL, S.C. -- Belmont Abbey shot 48.3 percent from the field and four Crusaders topped double figures in scoring, leading to a 77-58 road victory at Coker Wednesday night. Ben Ferguson led the way with 17 points, while John Bowen added 15.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Crusaders scored the first nine points of the game and never trailed. The lead increased to 18-4, then later an 11-0 run made the score 41-15 at the 5:16 mark.
- The biggest margin came late in the first half at 45-18, while the lead was 47-25 at intermission.
- The Abbey outshot the Cobras 51.5 to 34.5 in the opening period and 49.3 to 29.8 overall.
- The eight three-pointers tied a season high (Wingate).
- Sean Halloran and DeQuan Abrom each added 12 points. Abrom had a career-high nine assists.
- After three straight games away from home to start the season, Belmont Abbey plays its next two at the Wheeler Center. The Crusaders host Piedmont International in the opener on Saturday before hosting Johnson C. Smith on Tuesday.