CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Noah Haas scored four goals, including the game-winner in overtime, to help the #6-ranked men's lacrosse team beat #12-ranked Queens 11-10. The win puts The Abbey at 5-0 on the season. The Royals are now 4-2.
How it Happened
- Haas helped the Crusaders erase an early 2-0 deficit by scoring two man-up goals in a span of 39 seconds. This tied the game at two when the first quarter ended
- The second quarter was all Abbey. After the 8:30 mark, the Crusader defense only gave up three Queens shots. Late in the period, Sean Hanrahan and Ben Utrosa scored just 11 seconds apart
- Pigott found the back of the net at the 1:52 mark, and The Abbey held a 5-3 lead at halftime
- Pigott set up Utrosa for the lone Abbey goal of the third, and Queens led 7-6 heading into the final period
- After trailing 9-6, Haas found Pigott for a man-up goal. Later in the half, the Crusaders scored three goals in a span of 3:52, two of which Hanrahan assisted on
- A Queens goal with 21 seconds left forced overtime. At the 1:13 mark, Haas found the back of the net to get The Abbey the 11-10 win
- On the day, Haas was the Crusaders' leader, with four goals and an assist
- Pigott finished with three goals and two assists. Brady Smith won 12 faceoffs
- Belmont Abbey outshot Queens 53-35
Belmont Abbey will face Rollins on Saturday, March 7 in Savannah, Ga.