SAVANNAH, GA- Armstrong State claimed victories in all nine matches, asthe Pirates defeated Belmont Abbey, 9-0, Friday at Bacon Park in Savannah, GA. The Crusaders are now 3-8 overall, while Armstrong State improves to 5-0 overall.
The Pirates, who are ranked third in the nation, have three players ranked in the country in singles: Pablo Gor, who is second in the country, defeated Juan Baez, 6-3, 6-0. 29th-ranked Otakar Lucak defeated James Delaney, 6-2, 6-3, while #35 Ignacio Hernandez defeated Grant Goldin, 6-1, 6-2.
In doubles, the team of Gor and Hernandez, who are ranked second in nation, defeated Baez and Delaney 6-2, 6-3.
ARMSTRONG STATE 9, BELMONT ABBEY 0
1. #2 Pablo Gor (ARMST) def. Juan Baez (BAC) 6-3, 6-0
2. #29 Otakar Lucak (ARMST) def. James Delaney (BAC) 6-2, 6-3
3. #35 Ignacio Hernandez (ARMST) def. Grant Goldin (BAC) 6-1, 6-2
4. Luca Cerin (ARMST) def. Young-Jin Kang (BAC) 6-1, 6-3
5. Jan Porteset (ARMST) def. Eduardo Escobar (BAC) 6-4, 6-1
6. Marek Pesicka (ARMST) def. Derrick Kwok (BAC) 6-0, 6-0
1. #2 Pablo Gor/Ignacio Hernandez (ARMST) def. Juan Baez/James Delaney (BAC) 8-3
2. Luca Cerin/Otakar Lucak (ARMST) def. Young-Jin Kang/Grant Goldin (BAC) 8-5