BELMONT, NC – Catawba claimed victories in all six singles matches played, as the Indians defeated Belmont Abbey, 8-1, in a non-conference match, Monday afternoon at the Michael Reidy Tennis Center on the campus of Belmont Abbey College. With the win, the Catawba improves to 11-11 while Belmont Abbey drops to 6-18. This match was originally schedule for Tuesday, April 12, but was moved up a day early due to the weather concerns for Tuesday.
Belmont Abbey returns to action Friday, April 22, against Conference Carolinas foe, Emmanuel College at the Michael Reidy Tennis Center on the campus of Belmont Abbey College. First serve is at 2 p.m.
CATAWBA 8, BELMONT ABBEY 1
1. Jack Mordey (C) def. Juan Baez (BAC), 6-1, 6-1
2. Lucas Miller (C) def. Grant Goldin (BAC) 3-6, 6-1, 10-8
3. Michael Patch (C) def. Edwardo Escobar (BAC), 6-3, 6-3
4. Lucca Picca (C) def. Tomas Pardo (BAC) 6-2, 6-2
5. Mitchell McDonald (C)def. Edwardo Escobar (BAC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Iago Montero Nunez (C) def. Chase Eldridge (BAC) 6-1, 6-3
1. Jack Mordey/Mitchell McDonald (C) def. Laine Harrett /Grant Goldin (BAC) 8-4
2. Tomas Pardo / Michael Rapsik (BAC) def Michael Patch/Lucca Picca (C) 9-8 (6)
3. Lucas Miller/Aaron Vanhorenbeck (C) def. Juan Baez / Chase Eldridge (BAC) 8-3