TIGERVILLE, S.C. - George Barfoot recorded wins in both #3 singles and #1 doubles, but The Abbey dropped the 6-3 decision at North Greenville this afternoon. The loss puts Belmont Abbey at 13-18 this season, and 6-2 in conference play. North Greenville is now 7-9 overall, and 5-1 in Conference Carolinas play.
Barfoot and James Delaney paired up for The Abbey's sole doubles win. The duo now hold a 5-3 conference record.
Barfoot also earned a quick 6-1, 6-0 victory at #2 singles, moving him to 7-1 against conference opponents in singles play. Zachary Blythe picked up a win at #2 singles.
Belmont Abbey will travel to Barton College on Wednesday, April 11 for a 2 p.m. match.
North Greenville 6, Belmont Abbey 3
1. Dion Nijboer (NGU) def. James Delaney (BAC) 6-0, 6-7, 6-4
2. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. William Greaves (NGU) 6-4, 1-6, 6-1
3. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Alejandro de la Torre (NGU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Yannis Moulod (NGU) def. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) 6-4, 6-4
5. Pierre-Olivier Bedard (NGU) def. Jose Disotuar (BAC) 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
6. Giacomo Garini (NGU) def. Kevin Yarzagaray (BAC) 6-7, 6-4, 6-0
1. George Barfoot / James Delaney (BAC) def. Giacomo Garini / Dion Nijboer (NGU) 8-4
2. Pierre-Olivier Bedard / William Greaves (NGU) def. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) 8-7
3. Yannis Moulod / Alejandro de la Torre (NGU) def. Tomas Pardo / Michal Rapsik (BAC) 8-7