BELMONT, N.C. - Carols Nolasco got his eighth singles win on the season, but the Crusaders lost a tough match to Limestone 4-3. The Abbey is now 7-12 on the year, with a 1-2 conference record. The Saints are now 3-6 overall, and 2-0 in Conference Carolinas play.
How it Happened
- George Barfoot won his seventh singles of the season, with a 7-5, 6-2 victory at #2 singles
- Christopher Hansen earned a 3-set win at #5 singles to remain undefeated in conference play
- Nolasco also won in 3 sets at #6 singles. His eight singles victories on the year are the team's high
Limestone 4, Belmont Abbey 3
1. Federico Garnier (LC) def. Zachary Blythe (BAC) 6-2, 7-5
2. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Domantas Sadauskas (LC) 7-5, 6-2
3. Emilio Samhan (LC) def. Kent Shiell (BAC) 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
4. Marcel Agbegne (LC) def. Bailey Horne (BAC) 6-4, 6-7, 6-4
5. Christopher Hansen (BAC) def. Pierluigi Neri (LC) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
6. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Enrique Moreno (LC) 6-1, 2-6, 7-6
1. Federico Garnier / Sacha Terrizzano (LC) def. George Barfoot / Zachary Blythe (BAC) 6-2
2. Marcel Agbegne / Pierluigi Neri (LC) def. Christopher Hansen / Kent Shiell (BAC) 6-3
3. Bailey Horne / Henrique Leal (BAC) def. Enrique Moreno / Domantas Sadauskas (LC) 6-0
Belmont Abbey will visit Lees-McRae on Friday, March 29 for a 1 p.m. match.