BRISTOL, Tenn. - Christopher Hansen earned a 3-set victory at #5 singles, and the Belmont Abbey men's tennis team earned a 7-0 shutout over King University this afternoon. With the victory, The Abbey improves to 9-12 on the season, with a 3-2 Conference Carolinas record. The Tornado now stand at 5-8 overall, and 1-3 in Conference Carolinas play.
How it Happened
- Hansen paired up with Kent Shiell at #2 doubles for a 6-0 to highlight doubles play
- Zachary Blythe improved his conference singles to 4-1 on the year with a 3-set win at #1
- Bailey Horne made quick work of his opponent at #4 singles, earning a 6-1, 6-1 victory
Belmont Abbey 7, King 0
1. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Alejandro Feliciano (KING) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
2. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Lennard Neumann (KING) 6-3, 6-2
3. Kent Shiell (BAC) def. Arturo Alfaro (KING) 6-3, 6-3
4. Bailey Horne (BAC) def. Jorge Rojas (KING) 6-1, 6-1
5. Christopher Hansen (BAC) def. Charles Jabaley (KING) 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
6. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Sebastian Lieflaender (KING) 6-2, 6-3
1. George Barfoot / Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Alejandro Feliciano / Lennard Neumann (KING) 6-2
2. Christopher Hansen / Kent Shiell (BAC) def. Arturo Alfaro / Jorge Rojas (KING) 6-0
3. Bailey Horne / Wlayimer Jimenez (BAC) def. Charles Jabaley / Sebastian Lieflaender (KING) 6-4
Belmont Abbey will travel to Lander next Friday, April 5 for a 2:30 p.m. match.