CENTRAL, S.C. -- Matthew Difrancesco broke his own school record for the 200 for the third time this season and turned in the fifth-best time in the 100 preliminaries, highlighting Belmont Abbey's participation Friday at the 2019 Conference Carolinas Men's Track and Field Championship, hosted by Southern Wesleyan.
- Difrancesco posted a time of 21.51 in the 200, better than the 2.68 he registered at Elon on April 6. He placed second in his heat. In the 100 dash, he also finished second in his heat and fifth overall, covering the distance in 10.89.
- Dominic Pautler battled two separate injuries to place seventh in the javelin. He threw 42.85 meters (140'-7") twice in his six attempts during the competition.
- Freshman Ming Davis was eighth in the javelin with a distance of 42.35 meters (138'-11"). The mark set an American Paralympic record for Class 46 for Ming, who competes with only one arm.
- Christian Keghlian placed eighth in the 10,000 meters with a time of 38:32.37. He was just ahead of teammate Edward Genao (39:10.67).
- James Thierfelder posted personal best in the 400 meters with a time of 49.65.
- Belmont Abbey wraps up its 2019 season tomorrow with the conclusion of the 2019 Conference Carolinas Men's Track & Field Championship.