BELMONT, N.C. - Brittany Autry set a new career high of 25 points as the Belmont Abbey women's basketball team rolled past Lees-McRae 78-64. The win puts The Abbey at 8-1 on the season, with a 4-0 conference mark. The Bobcats dipped to 4-8 overall, and 1-3 in Conference Carolinas play.
How it Happened
- Lees-McRae scored first, and held a 16-15 advantage after the first quarter
- The Crusaders used a 12-0 run late in the second to take a 37-30 lead at halftime. Autry went 5-for-5 in the second quarter
- In the third, Allie Downing made three 3-point baskets to start the quarter for The Abbey, increasing the lead to 46-34. The team shot 9-13 from the field in the third, and led 60-47 heading into the final period
- In the fourth, Autry scored seven points to cap off the 78-64 victory
- On the night, Autry finished with 25 points and nine rebounds
- Downing added 13 points, while Keyanna Spivey grabbed nine boards. Maria Kuhlman dished out eight assists
- Belmont Abbey outrebounded Lees-McRae 43-24
Belmont Abbey will welcome Francis Marion on Tuesday, December 17 for a 12 noon contest. It will serve as the annual REDucation Day.