STRUTHERS, Ohio - Victoria Bird earned a top-12 finish in the Columbia 300 Penguin Classic this weekend, to kick off the 2019-20 season for the Belmont Abbey women's bowling team.
How it Happened
- After a full day of Baker games, including games against the tournament's top teams, the Crusaders were in seventh place at the end of Day 1
- When Day 2 was over and everyone had bowled five games, Bird was the leader for Belmont Abbey, with an average of 188, with Ashley Saville in second, with an average of 178
- As a team, Belmont Abbey maintained its grib on seventh place at the end of the day
- Day 3 was the final day of the tournament. Bird was the most dominant Crusader, totaling 944 after five games, to finish in 12th place overall
- Saville also made a top-20 finish, with a score of 894
Belmont Abbey will compete in the Seminole Classic on October 19-20