Posted: Sep 13, 2018
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Belmont Abbey's women's cycling team kicked off participation at the USA Cycling Collegiate Track National Championship Thursday. The event concludes on Saturday.
- The first event of the day was the Women's sprint, which is composed of 2.5 laps or 200 meters
- Cammie Robbiano was among the 18 riders qualifying for the finals, placing 15th in the timed circuit at 13.170 seconds.
- Stephanie Mlujeak (13.997 seconds) and Isabella NGuy (14.741 seconds) did not advance to the 1/16 finals, finishing 28th and 33rd, respectively.
- Robbiano lost her opening elimination race by 0.051 seconds Ava Hachmann of Fort Lewis, then did not advance out of the repechage.
- Belmont Abbey's trio of Robbiano, Mlujeak and Nguy finished fifth in the field, covering the four kilometers (12 laps) in 6:00.282. The fastest lap was the last, 13.266 seconds.