BELMONT, N.C. - Marin Felsoci and Kylie Eastman each scored five goals today against Wingate University. The Crusaders, however, were upended 19-13 and move to 1-2 on the season. Wingate is now 1-1. Eastman has scored at least five goals in every game so far this season.
How it Happened
- Felsoci scored two goals in a two-minute span to give The Abbey a 2-1 lead early
- A spurt of Bulldog goals gave Wingate a 5-2 lead at the 22:13 mark
- Later in the half, Angelina Perrone gave Belmont Abbey two goals in 28 seconds to narrow the Bulldog lead to 10-6. Eastman cut the lead to three with a score off a pass from Felsoci at the 4:03 mark
- Two Wingate goals late in the half gave the Bulldogs a 12-7 halftime lead. The Crusaders outshot Wingate 20-16 in the half
- Wingate scored twice early in the second, but Felsoci got The Abbey a goal with 23:35 to play. From there, the teams began to trade goals back and forth for a while
- With 6:15 to play, Eastman scored a free position goal, then found Felsoci for a score just 1:11 later
- Eastman capped off the scoring with a goal at the 1:41 mark, but the Crusaders lost the contest 19-13
- On the day, Eastman was the leader offensively, with five goals and three assists for a total of eight points. Felsoci scored five times and handed out an assist. She also picked up five ground balls
- Defensively, the Crusaders caused nine Wingate turnovers. Sarah Schaefer picked up seven ground balls, tying her for the game-high
Belmont Abbey will visit Queens University on Saturday, February 23 for a 2 p.m. contest.