BELMONT, N.C. - Kylie Eastman scored eight times as the Belmont Abbey women's lacrosse team cruised to a 24-6 victory over Emmanuel College this afternoon. The win puts The Abbey at 6-6 on the season, including a 4-1 Conference Carolinas record. The Lions are now 0-7 overall, and 0-5 in conference play.
How it Happened
- Emmanuel scored two goals early, but Angelina Perrone's goal at the 22:26 mark tied the game. Eastman scored just eight seconds later to put The Abbey in front 3-2
- Marin Felsoci found the back of the net just 25 seconds after Eastman
- The Lions scored a free position goal with 19:54 mark, but Eastman scored on a pass from Katie call less than a minute later
- Eastman scored two more goals in the half, and Jenna Niedzwiedzki scored with four minutes left to give the Crusaders a 12-4 lead at halftime
- It only took Eastman 17 seconds into the second half to find the back of the net
- Sarah Ciampa scored a free position goal with 12:46 in the game
- Later in the half, Eastman scored three goals in a span of four minutes, giving The Abbey a commanding 21-6 lead
- Felsoci capped off the game with a goal with less than a minute to go, and Belmont Abbey wrapped up the 24-6 win
- On the day, Eastman was the Crusaders' leader offensively with eight goals and an assist
- Madison Eberhardt tallied four goals and two assists
- Felsoci won nine draw controls, while the Lions won seven. As a unit, Belmont Abbey caused 11 Emmanuel turnovers. BAC outshot the Lions 52-15
Belmont Abbey will welcome Limestone College on Wednesday, April 3 for a 4 p.m. contest.