BELMONT, N.C. - Marin Felsoci scored six goals and the Belmont Abbey Women's Lacrosse team earned a 23-9 victory over Erskine College this afternoon in a Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal game. The win puts The Abbey at 11-7 on the year. Erskine ends its season with a 4-13 record.
How it Happened
- Kylie Eastman scored the first goal of the day with a man-down score nearly two minutes into the contest. Felsoci followed up with a score less than a minute later
- Later in the half, the Crusaders scored seven goals in a 5:48 span, highlighted by back-to-back goals by Allison Cline in a 16-second span
- Angelina Perrone capped off the scoring with a goal at the 3:18 mark, and The Abbey led 17-4 at halftime
- Belmont Abbey outshot 26-8 in the half
- Madison was the first Crusader to score in the second half. Perrone made it 20-5 at the 20:54 mark off a pass from Kylie Eastman
- The defense was also very strong, giving up just one shot over the first 10 minutes of the period
- With 2:14 to play, Lauren Offerman capped off the scoring and Belmont Abbey wrapped up the 23-9 victory
- On the day, Felsoci was the Crusader leader offensively, with six goals. She also won 11 draw controls
- On the defensive end, Eastman caused two turnovers and picked up a game-high six ground balls
- Annie Brannon and Elizabeth O'Hagan combined for 10 saves on 19 shots
- The Crusaders outshot the Flying Fleet 38-22
Belmont Abbey will play the host Mount Olive on Thursday, April 25 at 3 p.m.