MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – Marin Felsoci scored six goals, and caused three turnovers, but the Belmont Abbey Women's Lacrosse team lost a 19-15 decision at the host number 2 seed Mount Olive this afternoon in a Conference Carolinas semifinal matchup. The Abbey finishes its season with an 11-8 record.
How it Happened
- Both teams came out shooting from the start, though Mt. Olive got on the board first, on a man-up goal. Felsoci got The Abbey on the board first, at the 18:31 mark.
- Later in the half, the Crusaders scored three goals in a 2:30 span, capped by a Perrone goal off a pass from Allison Cline. This pulled BAC to within a goal at 7-6.
- The Trojans led 11-6 at halftime
- Mount Olive scored the first goal of the second half, but Kylie Eastman responded with a score of her own just one minute later. Shortly after that, it was Felsoci with a goal to bring The Abbey to within four at 12-8
- Mount Olive made a run later in the period, but the Crusaders responded with a run of their own, scoring five straight to pull to within 15-13 at the 11:43 mark. Felsoci and Jenna Niedzwiedzki each scored twice during the streak
- Niedzwiedzki was the next Crusader to score
- The defense continued to keep Mount Olive's shooting to a minimum, and Felsoci continued winning draw controls, but in the end, the Trojans took the 19-15 victory
- On the day, Felsoci was the Crusaders' lead offensively, with six goals. Niedzwiedzki tallied four goals
- On the defensive end, Felsoci caused a game-high three turnovers and picked up four ground balls, tying for the game high