BELMONT, N.C. - Marin Felsoci tied her career-high with 12 draw controls and the Belmont Abbey women's lacrosse team earned a 20-13 win over Young Harris this afternoon. The victory moves The Abbey to 7-2 on the year. Young Harris is now 3-5.
How it Happened
- Young Harris scored twice early, but the Crusaders stormed back, scoring five in a row. Kylie Eastman set up Angelina Perrone, Mackenzie Kaderabek, and Felsoci for goals
- Felsoci later scored a free position goal to make it a 7-4 Abbey lead
- Eastman finished off the scoring in the half, and The Abbey held an 8-5 lead at halftime. The Crusaders only gave up 12 Mountain Lion shots in the half
- Felsoci only needed 1:20 into the second to find the back of the net off a pass from Eastman
- From there the teams traded goals for a while, until Felsoci scored back-to-back goals in a 1:08 span to put the Crusaders in front 17-12
- Then Alyssa Pearson scored back-to-back goals, including a man-up goal, before Allison Cline put the final Crusader goal on the board, sealing the 20-13 Abbey victory
- On the day, Felsoci was the Crusaders' leader, with six goals. She won 12 draw controls, which tied her career high
- Eastman scored three times, handed out seven assists, and caused four turnovers
- Elizabeth O'Hagan made 13 saves in goal
- As a unit, BAC outshot YHC 43-34
Belmont Abbey will host #19-ranked Mount Olive on Saturday, March 14 for a 3 p.m. matchup.