BELMONT, N.C. - Katherine Turner was one of three Crusaders to score two points in a 4-0 victory for the women's soccer team over Limestone College this afternoon. With the victory, The Abbey improves to 3-2 on the season, with a 1-1 Conference Carolinas record. The Saints are now 2-3 overall, and 1-1 in conference play.
How it Happened
- The game was a high-offense contest right from the start, with each team taking multiple shots as well as corner opportunities in the first 10 minutes
- Tatiana Daugherty was the first to score, in the 27th minute off a pass from Morgan Patton. At halftime, the Crusaders led 1-0, and each team had taken nine shots
- In the second half, the Belmont Abbey offense exploded. Goose Andrews found the back of the net just five minutes into the half
- Patton scored on a pass from Turner just seven minutes later for a 3-0 BAC lead
- Allyson Elliott capped off the scoring off a pass from Andrews to give Belmont Abbey the 4-0 win
- The stubborn Abbey defense, led by Sydney Pluhacek, only gave up four shots in the second half
- The Crusaders took 22 shots in the game, to the Saints' 13
Belmont Abbey will visit Carson-Newman on Wednesday, September 25 for a 5 p.m. contest.