CENTRAL, S.C. - Goose Andrews scored three times, leading the Belmont Abbey women's soccer team to a 7-1 victory at Southern Wesleyan this afternoon. The win puts The Abbey at 4-3 on the season, with a 2-1 Conference Carolinas record. The Warriors are now 3-2-2 overall, and 1-1-1 in conference play.
How it Happened
- The seven goals scored by the Crusaders are the highest in a game since an 8-0 Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal victory on November 1, 2016
- Andrews tallied her first goal in just the seventh minute of the game
- Five minutes later Sabrina Bologna followed up with a score off a pass from Morgan Patton, giving The Abbey a 2-0 halftime advantage
- Patton only needed two minutes in the third to put the Crusaders on top 3-0
- Later in the half, Andrews found the back of the net, then found Conli Schwarz just four minutes ater for a 6-1 lead
- Allyson Elliott capped off the scoring with a goal in the 82nd minute
- As a team, Belmont Abbey outshot Southern Wesleyan 28-15
Belmont Abbey will welcome Emmanuel College on Wednesday, October 2 for a 4 p.m. match.