BELMONT, N.C. - Four Crusaders found the back of the net as the Belmont Abbey women's soccer team earned a 4-0 victory over King on Homecoming Day. The win puts The Abbey at 7-3-1 on the season, including a 5-1 Conference Carolinas record. King is now 4-5, with a 1-3 conference mark.
How it Happened
- The Crusaders came out shooting right from the start, with Tatiana Daugherty taking the first shot just 29 seconds into the contest
- 12 minutes into the game, Allyson Elliott put The Abbey on the board, off a pass from Goose Andrews
- Less than two minutes later, Morgan Patton put the Crusaders on top 2-0
- Izzy Moreno made it a 3-0 Abbey lead in the 37th minute for a commanding halftime lead
- It only took Kathryn Laughlin two minutes into the second to get the Crusader offense going again
- Daugherty capped off the scoring with a goal in the 76th minute, and The Abbey wrapped up a convincing 4-0 win
- On the day, Belmont Abbey outshot the Tornado 27-3
Belmont Abbey will visit Lees-McRae College next Saturday, October 19 for a 1:30 p.m. kickoff.