BELMONT, NC- Visiting Catawba took victories in four of six singles matches as the Indians defeated Belmont Abbey, 6-3, in a non-conference match, Monday afternoon at the Michael Reidy Tennis Center on the campus of Belmont Abbey College. With the win Catawba improves its record to 13-11 overall, while Belmont Abbey falls to 6-15 overall. This match was originally schedule for Tuesday, April 12, but was moved up a day early due to the weather concerns for Tuesday.
In singles, Belmont Abbey would get victories by Brylee Seitz at #3 singles, and Erika Norblett at #4. Seitz won her match over Maddy Henderson, 6-1, 6-4, while Norblett took three sets to defeat Kristen Rocko, 4-6, 7-5, 10-8.
Belmont Abbey returns to action Thursday, April 14, against Conference Carolinas foe Converse College First serve is at 2 p.m. from Spartanburg, SC.
CATAWBA 6, BELMONT ABBEY 3
1. Liz Renteria (C) def. Darian DeFrench (BAC) 6-1, 6-3
2. Erisa Onchi (C) def. Alex Weber (BAC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Brylee Seitz (BAC) def. Maddy Henderson (C) 6-1, 6-4
4. Erika Norblett (BAC)def. Kristen Rocko (C) 4-6, 7-5, 10-8
5 Lauren Sledd (C) def. Ali Bates (BAC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Rachel Rudisill (C) def. Lillie Mehan (BAC) 6-3, 6-0
1. Liz Renteria/Erisa Onchi (C) def. Alex Weber /Darian DeFrench (BAC) 8-5
2. Kiersten Cox /Rachele Subik (BAC) def. Maddy Henderson / Kristen Rocko (C) 8-6
3. Maddy Henderson/Rachel Rudisill (C) def. Brylee Seitz / Erika Norblett (BAC)9-8 (3)