BELMONT, N.C. - Erika Noblett and Alex Weber each earned 6-0, 6-1 wins at singles, and the Crusaders got an 8-1 victory over Johnson C. Smith University this afternoon. The Abbey is now 2-3 on the year. The Golden Bulls are also 2-3.
The Abbey got a 3-0 sweep in doubles play. Highlighting doubles performance were Erica Dorn and Erika Noblett with an 8-0 sweep at the #3 spot. In singles play, Teagan McNamara earned the win at #1 singles by a 6-2, 6-2 score. The 6-0, 6-1 scores by Weber at #5 and Noblett at #6 were the highest scores for the Crusaders.
Belmont Abbey will welcome Lander University tomorrow for a 12 p.m. match.
Belmont Abbey 8, Johnson C. Smith 1
1. Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Halle Parker (JCSU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Aria Springfield (JCSU) def. Darian DeFrench (BAC) 2-6, 6-4, 14-12
3. Riley Ellingson (BAC) def. Cierra Turner (JCSU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Morgan Nguyen (BAC) def. Jada Strickland (JCSU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Alex Weber (BAC) def. Michaela Colvin (JCSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Erika Noblett (BAC) def. Kaylin Roman (JCSU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Riley Ellingson / Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Halle Parker / Jada Strickland (JCSU) 8-4
2. Blair Boatright / Alex Weber (BAC) def. Kaylin Roman / Cierra Turner (JCSU) 8-2
3. Erica Dorn / Erika Noblett (BAC) def. Michaela Colvin / Aria Springfield (JCSU) 8-0