MURFREESBORO, N.C. - Talia Semaan won a very quick #2 singles match to lead the Belmont Abbey Women's Tennis team to a 5-2 win over the defending Conference Carolinas champion Chowan University this afternoon. With the win, The Abbey improves to 3-6 on the year, with a 1-0 conference record. Chowan dipped 0-3 on the season, and 0-2 in Conference Carolinas play.
How it Happened
- The Crusaders swept the Hawks in doubles play, with both #1 and #2 resulting in 6-3 Abbey victories
- Semaan made quick work of her #2 singles match, earning a 6-3, 6-1 win
- Morgan Nguyen earned a 6-0, 6-0 shutout at #5 singles
Belmont Abbey 5, Chowan 2
1. Cynthia Carrier (CU) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Talia Semaan (BAC) def. Arina Karbolina (CU) 6-3, 6-1
3. Julieta Lecce (CU) def. Laura Seib (BAC) 5-4, 7-6
4. Carlie Davis (BAC) def. Angelique Gouin (CU) 3-6, 7-6, 10-5
5. Morgan Nguyen (BAC) def. Claire Revelle (CU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Erica Dorn (BAC) won by default
1. Darian DeFrench / Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Cynthia Carrier / Arina Karbolina (CU) 6-3
2. Erica Dorn / Laura Seib (BAC) def. Angelique Gouin / Julieta Lecce (CU) 6-3
3. Blair Boatright / Morgan Zahnd (BAC) won by default
Belmont Abbey will host West Virginia Wesleyan on Tuesday, March 5 for a 2:30 p.m. match.