Posted: Dec 01, 2018
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Belmont Abbey's women's track and field team opened its indoor season with several outstanding performances in distance races.
- Senior Julia Otranto placed sixth in the 800 meters with a time of 2:26.46. Freshman Keely Weber was 17th at 2:37.56. Both Crusaders and Hannah Zenker won their heats.
- Belmont Abbey placed three in the top 12 of the mile run: Taylor Rusnak (9th at 6:11.01), Brigid Lipari (10th at 6:20.70) and Theresa Wilson (12th at 6:40.80).
- In the 3000, Zenker was ninth overall (11:51.66) with Rusnak 12th (12:19.74) and Lipari 14th (12:44.36).
- Cameron Davis was 18th in the 60 Hurdles (9.53), then took 13th in the high jump (1.50m/4-11)
- Maya McQune, Genevieve Hickin and Daytona Tuso won their sections of the 60-meter dash, while Ashley Caldwell and Tuso won 200-meter heats.
- In the 400-meter race, Stephanie Byrd and A'Miaya Mclintosh placed first in their heats.
- The 4 x 400 Relay team of Mclintosh, Davis, Otranto and McQune placed third.
- Today's meet was the only one on the 2018 portion of the schedule. The Crusaders return to action during the spring semester.