CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Caitlyn Faber posted a double-double and Andie Meredith totaled 20 kills, highlighting Belmont Abbey's opening-day action at the Queens Fall Classic. The Crusaders dropped a pair of matches, falling 3-0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-18) to Wingate and 3-1 (25-15, 25-22, 24-26, 25-17) to Francis Marion.
- Meredith registered six kills, while Mackenzie Chrapliwy added five against the Bulldogs.
- The Crusaders hit just .022 as a team (19 kills, 17 errors in 89 attempts), while Wingate turned in a .227 performance.
- Cassidy Bonito chipped in 15 assists and eight digs, both team-bests.
- Chrapliwy also added eight digs.
- Faber, a freshman setter, came off the bench to record 12 assists and 11 digs in her collegiate debut. She also registered an ace.
- Meredith led The Abbey in kills with 14, hitting .286 for the contest. She also had two digs.
- Chrapliwy tallied 19 digs, seven kills and three aces, while Bonito recorded 18 assists, four digs and a pair of aces before leaving the contest.
- Belmont Abbey forced a fourth set with huge rally in the third. Facing two match points at 24-22, the Crusaders rattled off four straight points to claim a 26-24 set win.
- Belmont Abbey returns to action on Saturday at the Queens Fall Classic.
- The Crusaders face Lander at 12:15 and Lenoir-Rhyne at 7.