BELMONT, N.C. -- Cassidy Bonito recorded her seventh triple-double of the season and Mackenzie Chrapliwy posted a double-double, but they were not enough as Limestone rallied for a 3-2 (21-25, 25-20, 23-25, 25-18, 15-8) victory over Belmont Abbey Wednesday night in the Wheeler Center. The contest matched the top two teams in the East Division of Conference Carolinas.
Bonito had 11 kills, 41 assists and 10 digs, closing to within 10 assists of the school's all-time record (3348/3358). Chrapliwy tallied 19 kills and 14 assists for her ninth double-double of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Three other players topped double figures in digs -- Paige Rawlins with 31, Hailey Ryan 16 and Caitlyn Faber 13. It was the second match this season that Rawlins reached 30.
- Bonito added six service aces. The Crusaders had 12 as a team.
- The Crusaders took the first and third sets, with the Saints winning the second and fourth. Limestone scored the first five points in the fifth set to take control.
- Limestone out-hit The Abbey .200 to .142.
- The match featured 12 ties and seven lead changes.
- Belmont Abbey (15-12, 10-2) dropped a match for just the third time in 18 matches with the result snapping a six-match winning streak. The Crusaders also closed the regular season at 9-1 in the Wheeler Center.
- Belmont Abbey closes out the regular season with four straight road matches. This weekend, the Crusaders travel to Barton on Friday and Chowan on Saturday.