BELMONT, N.C. -- Cassidy Bonito posted a double-double and Mackenzie Chrapliwy registered 11 kills, leading Belmont Abbey to a 3-0 (25-18, 25-21, 25-18) victory over Lees-McRae Tuesday night in the quarterfinals of the 2019 Conference Carolinas Women's Volleyball Tournament. With the win, the Crusaders -- seeded No. 1 in the East and overall -- will host the semifinal and final rounds this weekend at the Wheeler Center.
The Abbey will face No. 2 West seed Emmanuel at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday in a rematch of the 2018 championship match. No. 2 East Limestone and No. 1 West King meet in the first semifinal at 5 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Belmont Abbey improved to 20-12 on the season with its 20th win in the last 23 matches. The win total marks the second straight year that the Crusaders have topped 20.
- Bonito registered 33 assists, 14 digs and five kills.
- Chrapliwy added six digs to her evening.
- Andie Meredith tallied nine kills with a .296 hitting percentage.
- Hailey Ryan and Paige Rawlins keyed the defensive effort with 20 and 17 digs, respectively.
- As a team, Belmont Abbey hit .195 compared to .133 for the Bobcats, which finished the season 12-15.
- Lees-McRae held the lead throughout the first half of the opening set, but Belmont Abbey used a 4-1 run to tie the score at 13-13. At 16-16, the Crusaders won back-to-back points and nine of the last 11 for the 25-18 victory.
- In the second, the Bobcats were up 7-5 early, but six straight points put the Crusaders ahead for good. LMC closed to within 21-20 with a 7-2 spurt, but The Abbey recovered to close out the set 25-21 with four of the last five points.
- The third set was tight as well with the score tied as 12 before back-to-back BAC points started a 5-1 run. The match closed 25-18 with a kill by Meredith.
2019 Conference Carolinas Women's Volleyball Tournament
November 23-24 • Wheeler Center • Belmont, N.C.
5 p.m. -- Limestone vs. King
7:30 p.m. -- Emmanuel vs. Belmont Abbey
Tickets will be sold at the door for Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $10 for one day and $15 for a weekend pass. Students at any Conference Carolinas school are admitted free with a current College ID card.
Both semifinals and the final will be available on the Conference Carolinas Digital Network. The pregame show begins 15 minutes prior to each match.
Statistics will be available on the participating teams' websites and at ConferenceCarolinas.com